Tina Canner-Peterson, MS, APRN, CNRN, RNFA
Tina likes a challenge. She began her nursing career with ten years in intensive care where she discovered her affinity for difficult, challenging cases, the neuro cases in particular.
As a Sierra Neurosurgery Group nurse, Tina is able to offer patients continuity of care seeing them pre- and post-op. She constantly strives to increase her patient’s comfort by both managing their pain and their uncertainty, taking the time to explain procedures and answer their questions.
Tina joined Sierra Neurosurgery Group in 2001.
Education & Training:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, University of Nevada Reno
- Master of Science in Nursing, University of Nevada, Reno.
- Certified by the American Nurses Credentialing Center & American Association of Neuroscience Nurses
- Certified by the National Institute of First Assisting
- American Association of Critical Care Nurses
- American Association of Neuroscience Nurses
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- Adjunct Faculty, University of Nevada Reno
“Christine has been instrumental in my recovery process. She took the time to answer all my questions and gave me direction that was positive and productive to my recovery. She does her job with compassion and sincerity.”
“This Staff and entire Group is by far the most professional and caring group I see!”
“I have known Tina since 2005 and she is always amazing and wonderful. Answers questions and does her utmost to make sure that I get the very best care. She is my favorite APRN! Very comfortable with her.”
“I appreciate the adult to adult communication. Ms. Peterson actively engaged me in discussing post-surgery issues: swelling of surgical area exercise medications and short and long term issues: life style changes exercise recovery period etc.”
“I appreciate her approach.”