Please contact Monica Brown, RN or Carrie Kuo, RN at least 3-4 weeks prior to your surgery to review medications. She can also answer any question you have regarding your surgery. Monica can be reached at (775) 323-2080 or Toll Free 1 (888) 323-2080.
Please read below:
- Nothing to eat or drink after midnight the night before your surgery. The Anesthesiologist will cancel your surgery if you have anything in your stomach. Take necessary medications with sips of water the morning of surgery.
- Stop taking NSAIDS 7-14 days prior to surgery. Examples: Advil, Aleve, Aspirin, Motrin, Voltaren, Naproxen/Naprosyn, Excedrin, Relafen, Diclofenac. Celebrex or Mobic. Do not stop your necessary medications.
- Notify your surgeon if you are taking blood thinners. Examples: Coumadin/Warfarin, Plavix, Eliquis, or Xarelto/Pradaxa. Our office will notify you when to stop prior to surgery. Your surgeon will instruct you when it is sage to restart the medication after your procedure.
- Avoid dental procedures 3 weeks prior to surgery and 3 months following all surgical procedures. Antibiotics will be required for cleanings or extractions during this period. Crowns and fillings do not require antibiotic prophylaxis.
- You must notify the office immediately. If you develop any cold or flu like symptoms or if you are actively being treated for an infection prior to surgery.
Surgery times may change
You will be contacted the day before surgery to confirm check-in.
Please contact our office if you do not receive a call by 4:30pm.
Please bring a photo to the hospital. You will NOT be admitted without one!