UPDATED JUNE 2020
As Sierra Neurosurgery Group’s top priority continues to be the health and safety of our patients, our team members and our community.
With that in mind, we have developed precautionary measures in our office and implemented changes to our surgical scheduling process because of COVID-19.
Office, MRI and X-ray Appointments
- Reno office is open with normal business hours, Monday-Friday 8-5pm. We will continue to see patients, perform imaging studies and provide telehealth visits. You will be contacted if your appointment is changed to a telehealth visit.
- Rural clinics (Carson City, Fallon and Elko) reopen as of June 1st. Telehealth appointments continue to be an option for rural patients.
- Patients will be offered appointments via telehealth or in the Reno office.
- PATIENTS ARE REQUIRED TO WEAR A MASK TO ALL OFFICE APPOINTMENTS
- We have established a screening process at the clinic entrance to assess symptoms and recent travel.
- After screening and check-in, patients will be asked to wait in their car (NOT the waiting room), and will be notified when our medical staff is ready to escort them to a room.
- Family members and/or drivers with patients will not be allowed to enter the office. Special circumstances will be evaluated.
- If you are feeling unwell and experiencing symptoms such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath, please contact us to reschedule your appointment immediately. (775-323-2080)
- Patients will be notified if their appointment has been changed to a telehealth (video or phone) appointment.
- Physicians will determine on a case by case basis if appointments are appropriate for telehealth.
- As of May 11th, 2020 elective surgeries have resumed based on approval from Nevada Hospital Association. This is in response to strong recommendations by the Surgeon General, CDC and ACS.
- Our office is working quickly to schedule all patients who were delayed. Patients will be contacted to discuss rescheduling options.
Office and Imaging Center Safety Precautions
- Office and imaging room surfaces (door handles, counters, exam beds, and chairs) will continue to be disinfected between patients.
- All commonly used areas and surfaces are disinfected multiple times a day.
- Hand hygiene protocol will continue to be strictly enforced by all staff and providers.
- Hand sanitizer will be offered to patients at check-in and check-out.
- Magazines will no longer be provided in the waiting room or clinic rooms.
- No outside visitors, vendors, patient families or students are allowed to enter the building.
We will continue to provide superior and compassionate care during this challenging time.
We appreciate our valued patients, community partners and team members while we take appropriate precautions to provide a safe environment and minimize exposure to others.
For further questions, please visit our website, patient portal or contact our clinic 775-323-2080.
Sierra Neurosurgery Group